I love the warm summer weather, but I'm not ready to give up soup just yet. Fresh tomato and basil keep this summertime soup healthy and filling - perfect when served with a few slices of baguette.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 cups (32 oz) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- salt, pepper, and sugar to taste
Let's Get Started!
1. Peel and chop tomatoes, and place in pot with tomato juice. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 30 min.
3. Blend until smooth.
2. Place tomato mixture and basil leaves into blender. I would recommend the juicing option if possible.
4. Return mixture to pot, and stir in milk and cream cheese. Stir well and cook over medium heat until thick. Add sugar, salt, and pepper to taste.
And You're Done!