There's never any need for store bought ice cream, when you can make Nutella ice cream from scratch. This recipe doesn't require an ice cream machine, only some back dairy ingredients, a freezer, and of course, Nutella.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 whole egg
- 2 eggs yolks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- vanilla extract
Let's Get Started!
1. In a pot on low heat, bring the milk, cream, and sugar to a simmer. Add a few drops of vanilla extract. Whisk the eggs, and temper with a splash of the milk and cream.
3. Once the Nutella is fully melted, strain the mixture into a tray. Place in freezer.
2. Add the tempered eggs and diced butter to the pot, and cook for 5 min on low heat. Add Nutella to the pot, mixing with a whisk.
4. Every hour or two, mix the ice cream with a spoon or spatula to make it fluffier.
And You're Done!