The overlapping flaps help keep the tissues inside clean, but the holder is easy to refill. The measurements are based off a classic travel pack of Kleenex, but to refill, I fold a normal piece of tissue into sixths.
Let's Get Started!
1. Cut a 6.25" x 5.75" piece from main [star] fabric, 2.25" x 5.75" from contrasting [yellow] fabric, and 8" x 5.75" from lining.
3. With correct side facing in, stitch the shorter edges with the lining. Leave 1/4" seam.
5. With contrasting fabric on the bottom, turn fabrics so that it is long vertically. Fold the top portion down 2.25" and iron flat.
7. With correct sides facing in, stitch sides.
2. With correct sides facing each other, stitch one edge of main and contrasting fabric together [along the 5.75" edge]. Leave 1/4" seam. Open and iron flat.
4. Turn out right way and iron flat.
6. Fold the bottom portion up 1.75" and iron flat. With both portions folded, the tissue holder should measure 5.25" x 3.5".
8. Turn out right way and iron flat.